Thursday, January 3, 2013

Review: 7 Years Younger

Kids may be good for your soul, but they're hell on your ego.  Just recently, Baby Puppy informed me that everyone in her class thinks that I look older than I am: "like, sixty, Mom!" Ouch!  Lucky for me, I had 7 Years Younger on my review list.

Brought to you by the editors of Good Housekeeping, 7 Years Younger (2013) is a comprehensive plan to help you look and feel younger.  The book provides a wealth of information and tips about skincare, makeup, hair, diet, fitness, brain health, and stress. Then, it pulls it all together into a 7 day Jumpstart Plan and a detailed 7-Week Plan.  The hard work of figuring how to implement all of the information has been done for you.  All you have to do is . . . do it!

I was impressed with the thoroughness of 7 Years Younger.  The book is much more than a collection of anti-aging tips.  It tells you exactly what to do, how to do it, and when.  There are meal plans, exercise plans, and product recommendations to help you every step of the way. There is not a doubt in my mind that after seven weeks on the 7 Years Younger plan I'll be able to pass for 53* with no problems!

*Which would be awesome if I wasn't actually only 42!

I received a complimentary copy of 7 Years Younger to facilitate my review.  No other compensation was received.  For full disclosure, see the sidebar.

10 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Seven years wouldn't help me at my age -- when is someone going to write a book for "ancient old women"????

Adam said...

well to be fair, kids has no concept of age. They think 50 is like old folks home age.

Kim Nelson said...

Well... since I AM 53, do you think following the plan will allow me to look 64? :-)

happygirl said...

Kids, you can't wait to hear them say their first words, then you can't make them stop talking. :)

G-Man said...

Forgetaboutit...
Hot is Hot, and you're Smokin Hot!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Kelli, I'd still be old even if I were 7 years younger! My mom was over 40 when my two little sisters were born...in grade school they thought she was too old...at the same time, my neighbor who was only 18 when her daughter was born had her daughter say it was embarrassing to have such a young mother. You just can't win.

Alice Audrey said...

Kids have no perspective. While all the adults around me tell me I look ten years younger than I am, my dd is busy telling me I look old compared to all her friend's parents. Not exactly music to my ears.

Fireblossom said...

Oh, for those halcyon days of 2006!

Baby Puppy and her classmates only have one problem: they're nine. They think Justin Bieber is an older guy.

Your hotness remains weapons-grade, woman!

Erica Bean said...

Aye kids are brutal. My daughter keeps asking me if I'm a grandma. I can't tell you how many times I've explained she has to be a mom before I'm a grandma and we don't need that to happen anytime soon. :P

Pat said...

I'm 57, and when my Mom was this age, we treated her as if she were almost an invalid. We'd do all the dishes, cooking, etc. Why our children don't treat us this way is beyond me!