Monday, December 17, 2012

Review: Political Suicide

When Dr. Lou Welcome receives a frantic call from his friend and fellow doctor, Gary McHugh, he's not exactly surprised; as a supervising physician  for the Physician Wellness Office, Lou has come to expect middle of the night calls from his clients.  But, Gary has not just fallen off the wagon; he has stumbled onto the dead body of a prominent politician.  Gary swears that he is not the killer, but all of the evidence points to his guilt.  But, Lou isn't so sure . . .

Michael Palmer's Political Suicide (St. Martin's Press) is a popcorn movie of a thriller.  Explosions, attack dogs, steely-eyed bad guys?  Check.  Intrigue, corruption, and cover ups?  Check.  Our hero, Lou Welcome, in totally over his head?  Check.  Political Suicide may not be the most believable book I've ever read, but it's a whole lot of fun, and I enjoyed every page.  I definitely recommend it.

I received a complimentary copy of Political Suicide to facilitate my review.  No other compensation was received.  For full disclosure, see the sidebar.

9 comments:

G-Man said...

Now THAT sounds like my cup of tea!
Thanks for that exciting review..

Brian Miller said...

you know i didnt like palmer before but my mom gave me an audio book here recently that i really enjoyed....not sure if this is it, but i has the same character...was a fun listen...

A Lady's Life said...

Murder is always intriguing.
Thanks :)

Adam said...

cool review

Fireblossom said...

Cool!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Sounds like a pretty decent book.

I'm jealous, the complementary copies I get to review have been not very good and I feel like a heel saying so but hey, don't ask me to review if you don't want me to say what I think about it.

So I just get my own books now.

Pat said...

Sounds interesting!

Cloudia said...

you clever gal!


Aloha from Waikiki, my Friend
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° >
> < } } ( ° >
> < 3 3 3 ( ' >

Nancy Claeys said...

Sounds like would enjoy this one... :)