Thursday, November 15, 2012

Review: The Breath Of Dawn

My apologies to those of you who have already read this review.  I had some inadvertent posting occur just prior to and after my surgery.  All previous comments remain unchanged.

Morgan Spencer is a wildly successful author and corporate problem solver, but the tragic loss of his wife and oldest daughter has left him broken and ravaged by grief.  Quinn Reilly is a woman trying to escape her past.  When that past makes a life-threatening return to her present, Quinn turns to Morgan for help.  Can helping Quinn allow Morgan to take the first tentative steps back into life . . . and love?

Let me say right up front that Kristen Heitzmann's The Breath of Dawn (Bethany House Publishers, 2012) borders on the unbelievable.  In my opinion, there are too many characters connecting too deeply and too quickly.  That being said, however, The Breath of Dawn is a really fun read.  There's romance, danger, a sociopath, a haunted asylum . . . what more could you want?  Despite the occasional strain on my credulity, I enjoyed the book tremendously.

***

Kristen Heitzmann is celebrating The Breath of Dawn by giving away one of the new Paperwhite Kindles and hosting a fun Author Chat Party on Facebook. (11/27)



One fortunate winner will receive:
  • A Kindle Paperwhite
  • The Breath of Dawn by Kristen Heitzmann
Enter today by clicking one of the icons below. But hurry, the giveaway ends on November 26th. Winner will be announced at the "The Breath of Dawn" Author Chat Facebook Party on 11/27. Connect with Kristen, get a sneak peek of her next book, try your hand at the trivia contest, and chat with readers just like you. There will also be gift certificates, books and a Book Club Prize Pack to be won (10 copies for your book club or small group)!

So grab your copy of The Breath of Dawn and join Kristen on the evening of the November 27th for a chance to connect with Kristen and make some new friends. (If you haven't read the book - don't let that stop you from coming!)

Don't miss a moment of the fun, RSVP todayTell your friends via FACEBOOK or TWITTER and increase your chances of winning. Hope to see you on the 27th!


***

I received a complimentary copy of The Breath of Dawn to facilitate my review.  No other compensation was received.  For full disclosure, see the sidebar.

7 comments:

G-Man said...

Maybe I'll just watch a rerun of The Love Boat instead....
Have a Kick Ass Week-End

G-Man said...

And maybe play a little...Yahtzee!!

Fireblossom said...

So...how does Dawn's breath figure into it? I told her not eat that taco right before her big interview, but she got the job anyway. Luck?

Brian Miller said...

haha...i hope dawn brushed her teeth....smiles...g-man, killing me...

DeniseinVA said...

Sounds like another interesting read. With these cooler days I can see I will be doing a lot more of it.

Daydreamertoo said...

Not my kind of book but... good review ;)

Gattina said...

As all books are in French here, I never heard of this one. Maybe it has been translated and has another title.