Sunday, September 23, 2012

Review: Stairway To My Heart

Driven by her mother's ambitions, Cordelia Conner is determined to marry her way into high society.  Kevin Newkirk comes from old money Boston and requires a wife of suitable pedigree to produce a Newkirk heir.  A match is made . . . but is it a match made in heaven?

Marion Marchetto's Stairway to My Heart (iUniverse, 2012) is a delightfully decadent guilty pleasure read.  We're talking 566 pages of gaudily glamorous bed-hopping.   Fun, fun, fun!  Plus, I adore the 1890s / early 1900s setting.  If you're looking for some very well-written fluff, Stairway to My Heart is an excellent choice.

I received a complimentary copy of Stairway to My Heart to facilitate my review.  No other compensation was received.  For full disclosure, see the sidebar.

5 comments:

Fireblossom said...

Fluff is my favorite thing. That's why I keep so much of it hidden between my ears!

Pat said...

Ha ha! I had to laugh at Fireblossom's comment!

This sounds like a good read. I like to change things up and read all kinds of novels. Thanks for the review.

Vision By MILA said...

looks like something I'd read on a Sunday afternoon, I will consider it..

A Lady's Life said...

There is so much reading done every day that picking up an actual book is a novelty these days.
and then there is kindle every one tells me I will have no choice but get hooked on lol

SandyCarlson said...

Sounds like some good entertainment!