Friday, April 27, 2012

Retreat!

Okay, I'm ready to admit it.  I need one.

Yesterday, Baby Puppy and I were trying to enjoy a quiet afternoon at home.  I was reading a book, she was playing an online video game, and all was good.  Then, the phone rang.  Not wanting our peaceful interlude interrupted, I let it go to the machine . . . and heard this:

"They're home, Dad, but they're not picking up . . . it's just going to voice mail . . . but I know they're home . . . I can see Baby Puppy . . . that's her account . . ."

They can see us online . . . they know when we're home . . .

Retreat!

20 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Ooooer there's no escape!

Brian Miller said...

take them out....they obviously work for the government...

Rose said...

ha ha....this is funny...to me. But I do remember that feeling!

happygirl said...

Cyber stalkers RULE!!!

TexWisGirl said...

ha! busted!

Adam said...

get in da chopper

LL Cool Joe said...

Tell me about it. I can't even go to the loo anymore without everyone knowing, even when they aren't at home.

Pat Tillett said...

It seems you have a couple of double agents in your home. Time to bring in the CIA. Unless they ARE the CIA...

Leenie said...

Big Brother is no longer fiction.

Diane said...

They're on to you. Quick! Act like beanbag chairs!

Victoria said...

It's a bit creepy isn't it? Love Brian's comment.

Pat Hatt said...

It's a stalkers playground this internet thing.

Kelly said...

Ha! Well, you can just say you'd stepped outside and didn't hear the phone and she was too busy playing to answer.

Caryn Caldwell said...

Ooh! Kind of creepy! But funny, too. Like a lot of technology.

Fireblossom said...

Seems to me you still have every right to preserve your peaceful interlude. I feel like, just cos the phone rings, doesn't mean I have to answer it, and just cos X wants to talk to me, doesn't mean I want to talk to them right then.

Tara R. said...

That's all levels of Big Brother.

Lynn said...

It's true. I mentioned to my sister that she must have had insomnia the other night because she played her word on Words with Friends at 2am. She said, "It's like living in a fish bowl."

Alice Audrey said...

LOL! The modern world is a scary place.

Margaret said...

Something similar happened at our house once... it is eerie!

CameraCruise said...

Oh, that's a bit creepy.