Monday, March 15, 2010

Review: Sons Of Thunder

Sofia Frangos is a survivor. Without family and far from the beaches of her native Greece, she is strong enough to survive life as a penniless immigrant to America. She is strong enough to hold her own in gangster era Chicago. But is she strong enough to choose between the two brothers that she loves?

Susan May Warren's Sons of Thunder (Summerside Press, 2010) is a sweeping romance that combines history and suspense to create a truly riveting read. Set in Greece, Chicago, Minneapolis, and France and taking place from the 1920s to World War II, the story of Sofia Frangos, Markos Stavros, and Dina Stavros is lush with the details of one of the most fascinating periods of history. Sons of Thunder delivers all of the romance and adventure that I've come to look forward to from a Susan May Warren book.

Highly recommended.

To see what other reviewers have to say, check out the Sons of Thunder blog tour!

For full disclosure, see the sidebar.

18 comments:

Brian Miller said...

very nice...sounds like it has teh elements of a great read...

Fireblossom said...

Sounds wonderful. Is it all right if I roll the "r"?

Sofia Frrrrrrrrrrrangos.

Hobo ........ ........ ........ said...

I rarely watch Hollywood movies because I am not aware about them such as which one is best or excellent to watch but if you write a post or if you suggest about top movies(English language) to watch I will definitely watch.

Lynn said...

Sounds like a good read!

Sheila said...

I have been trying to get my hands on a copy of this book and now I want it even more!

TechnoBabe said...

Ok another book for my list. Thanks for the description and the recommendation.

Talon said...

Sounds like a great read.

And I'm laughing at Shay rolling her r's!

quilly said...

Oh, this sounds good! I am buried in non-fiction and looking forward to my next story.

SmilingSally said...

Sounds good.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

putting it on my list.
<><

A Lady's Life said...

It looks very interesting :)

LarryG said...

Interesting review and I have never been on a blog tour before.

Also I like the head shot in the profile pic, but thing on the front of the suit looks like it would be painful to give you a hug. :)

Kristin said...

I read wonderful book review after review. I NEED to find some time for leisure reading. It's been forever!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Thanks for coming by and seeing me...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

T.J. said...

great review- I'll have to check it out!

G-Man said...

Quite a recomendation!!

LV said...

I am avid reader. I really enjoyed your review today. Tanks for stopping by my place.

Sh@KiR@ CK said...

Wow... sounds really cool.
Thank you for the lovely review, Mama Zen.

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Happy MM!

Have you a WONDROUS WEEK!

hugs
shakira

If you would like to visit me,
Memories,After School and The Something Meme